Tis the season to eat chocolate-ty stuff and be merry. We honestly don’t know of anyone who hates brownies because let’s face it any reason to scoff down on chocolate is welcome. Unless you hate chocolate, in which case we have nothing to say to each other. These sweet potato brownies are a great alternative to the regular sugary brownies we usually like to indulge in on lazy weekend afternoons. They are gluten free, guilt free and taste like heaven when eat them with ice cream, they are sure to be a huge hit with the kids and everyone else looking for a healthy substitute. If you’re looking for one of the most nutritious ways to get your carbs in, sweet potatoes are a must.
1 sweet potato
3 eggs whisked
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup raw honey
3 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinammon
1/2 cup Melted chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
1. Bake sweet potato in the oven at 425 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. Poke holes into it so it cooks through quickly.
2. Once the sweet potato is soft, peel skin and mash it with a fork in a bowl. Lower oven heat to 350 degrees.
3. Add eggs, coconut oil, honey and mix it all together.
4. Add dry ingredients : coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cocoa chips. Mix well.
5. Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish.
6. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
7. Let it cool cut into squares and enjoy!
Good carbs for the win!